Kenneth C. Turner, Supvr

 
 

The Turner Funeral Home is located in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania. Two generations of Turners have served the local community.

The Ellwood City Turner Funeral Home is housed in the mansion built by the Mellon family - part of the Pittsburgh Mellon financial empire. The home was begun in the new town of Ellwood City about 1896. It took 6 years to complete, and featured newfangled modern conveniences such as inside plumbing, natural gas-powered central vacuum system, and had dumbwaiters and servants' quarters. The beautiful columns have been studied by Victorian architectural companies all over the country. The rich oak wood cannot be duplicated today.

The Mellons passed the home on to C.A. Martin, who was a local banker. The building became a funeral home in 1942 when the Patton family began in the funeral business as Patton Memorial Home. After World War II, Bill Patton was joined by a young Ellwood boy, Kenneth Turner, fresh from the Marine Corps where he had been highly decorated. After Bill's death in 1957, the funeral home became the Turner Funeral Home.


Ken Turner was joined by both of his sons, Kenny Turner and Jack Turner. The funeral home expanded over the years with both remodelings and expansions. We are just finishing another remodeling of the Ellwood City funeral home.

| Home | Virtual Tour | Pre-Planning | Travel Info | Links | Resources |
| Condolences |
500 Sixth Street - Ellwood City, PA 16117 - Phone: (724) 758-4504 - Fax: (724) 758-4506 - info@turnerfh.com